Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dave d. dave d. is offline

Default word form letters from access database over the network

I open Word 2000 templates (form letters) that are stored on the newtwork
server - then I perform a merge from an Access 2000 database (names,
addresses, etc.) that is also on the server. The database and or the
templates may have been moved from another location. There seems to be an
incorrect path statement that is causing connectivity problems and somtimes
"kicking me out of" the Word application in the middle of attempting to creat
the document. I could use some help troubleshooting this process. Please
advise and thank you. All network issues have been addressed and network
connectivity is fine: source folders and docs can easily be opend from
network workstations. The path proble must be in eeither Word or Access
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You probably need to do a FileOpen on each of the templates and then
re-attach the data source to the template and save it, so that when you do
the FileNew and select the template, the data source is in the expected
location.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"dave d." wrote in message
I open Word 2000 templates (form letters) that are stored on the newtwork
server - then I perform a merge from an Access 2000 database (names,
addresses, etc.) that is also on the server. The database and or the
templates may have been moved from another location. There seems to be an
incorrect path statement that is causing connectivity problems and
somtimes
"kicking me out of" the Word application in the middle of attempting to
creat
the document. I could use some help troubleshooting this process. Please
advise and thank you. All network issues have been addressed and network
connectivity is fine: source folders and docs can easily be opend from
network workstations. The path proble must be in eeither Word or Access

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dave d. dave d. is offline

Hello Doug,

Thank you for your response.

How do I re-attach Access 2000 data source (also on server share) to the
templates? What are the steps?

Thank you,

Dave

"dave d." wrote in message
I open Word 2000 templates (form letters) that are stored on the newtwork
server - then I perform a merge from an Access 2000 database (names,
addresses, etc.) that is also on the server. The database and or the
templates may have been moved from another location. There seems to be an
incorrect path statement that is causing connectivity problems and
somtimes
"kicking me out of" the Word application in the middle of attempting to
creat
the document. I could use some help troubleshooting this process. Please
advise and thank you. All network issues have been addressed and network
connectivity is fine: source folders and docs can easily be opend from
network workstations. The path proble must be in eeither Word or Access

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Just open the template using FileOpen and if the data source is not
attached, you will receive a message to that effect. Then, you just follow
the prompts to re-attach the data source.