Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa N. Lisa N. is offline

Default my printed document looks different from the document on the scree

I have a Word 07 document (created from scratch not converted from an old
version or WP). The document is printing as a three page document but appears
to be a four page document on the screen. I have checked the margins,
header/footer, window orphan, hidden text, section breaks and generally
reviewed the document. None of these things seem to be causing the problem
and nothing else is jumping out at me. I am completely stumped and would
appreciate any suggestions or answers to solve this problem. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa N. Lisa N. is offline

Default my printed document looks different from the document on the s

I do not know if this was done, however, I did check to see if needed to be
upgraded. It did not solve the problem. This is only happening with an
occasional document, not every time.

Thanks, L.
"CyberTaz" wrote:

Have you updated the print driver since upgrading to '07?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Lisa N." wrote in message
I have a Word 07 document (created from scratch not converted from an old
version or WP). The document is printing as a three page document but
appears
to be a four page document on the screen. I have checked the margins,
header/footer, window orphan, hidden text, section breaks and generally
reviewed the document. None of these things seem to be causing the problem
and nothing else is jumping out at me. I am completely stumped and would
appreciate any suggestions or answers to solve this problem. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Do you have your hidden characters showing? CTRL+SHIFT+* will toggle
them on and off. Depending on what they are - TC entries or TOA entries
that can be enough to display several extra pages when looking on
screen, but not print, since they are non-printing codes.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Lisa N." wrote in message
:

I have a Word 07 document (created from scratch not converted from an old
version or WP). The document is printing as a three page document but appears
to be a four page document on the screen. I have checked the margins,
header/footer, window orphan, hidden text, section breaks and generally
reviewed the document. None of these things seem to be causing the problem
and nothing else is jumping out at me. I am completely stumped and would
appreciate any suggestions or answers to solve this problem. Thanks.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/3/2007 10:08 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa N. Lisa N. is offline

Scaling was turned off. I selected the paper size to Letter and the document
printed the same way.

The document is fully printing on three pages. Nothing appears to be omitted
(it makes it very difficult to format when I don't know what page the text
will print on). During my edits, etc. I tried printing "current page" (page
3) and page 2 printed.

The other problem document was from quite a while ago and I cannot recall
the details but the problem was not resolved.

L.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

OK - When viewing the document on screen what appears on the 4th page of
such documents? What is different about the content on paper once printed?
Is the content being fully printed on the 3 pages or is one of the 4 pages
being omitted from the printed copy? What about the settings in the Print
dialog - Scaling, perhaps? Are you possibly printing to a larger size of
paper than what your page size is set for? Is there anything the problem
docs might have in common?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones