KAC

Default How do I print a data source as a list?

I have my list of names in a data source. I would like to print the list of
names, so I can show the committee who I have on the list. How do I do that?
I created a table to merge the data source, but that only prints one name
repeatedly. Help!
Peter Jamieson

Create a "Directory" merge (in Word 2000 and earlier it is called a Catalog
merge).

Attach the document to your data source.

Insert a table row with the number of columns you need.

Insert one field from the data source into each cell.

Perform the merge (you can only output to a new document.

Insert a row at the top of the table with column headers, and any other
stuff you need (such as headers/footers).

Peter Jamieson

"KAC" wrote in message
I have my list of names in a data source. I would like to print the list
of
names, so I can show the committee who I have on the list. How do I do
that?
I created a table to merge the data source, but that only prints one name
repeatedly. Help!

KAC

Thank you for the information. After posting my question, I accidentally
found an easy way to make this a list. I have spent hours today and in the
past trying to figure this out

In Word I go to file/open and right click on my data source.
At "open with" click on Access
Click on "office address list"
My list is created as a table which I can then print.

KAC

"KAC" wrote in message
I have my list of names in a data source. I would like to print the list
of
names, so I can show the committee who I have on the list. How do I do
that?
I created a table to merge the data source, but that only prints one name
repeatedly. Help!

Peter Jamieson

Good.

I would just be careful not to modify the database structure in any way -
for example, adding a table or a query may mean that the database is no
longer recognised as an "Office Address List", which would typically mean
that you could not modify the data from within Word.

Peter Jamieson