Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nityeshwari Nityeshwari is offline

Default Word stops working when I attempt to do mass Mailings

Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next, Word stops
responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the recipients to
Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Which Word version?
What *exactly* are your trying to do and at *exactly* what point does it
stop?
What do you mean by "Word just won't save the recipients to Outlook"? Are
you trying to merge to e-mail?

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next, Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nityeshwari Nityeshwari is offline

Hi!
- I am using Word 2007 (12.0.6311.
5000) SPI MSO (12.0.6213.1000) [c] 2006

- I am doing merge email. so I have my document and go to Mailings, select
the Database from a Work file, and do the Finishing action to do he Mailing.
I have done this for a couple of months on this new computer and new Windows
Vista.

- What it does it it starts sending this small notices at the bottom saying:
'saving', 'saving', 'saving', 'saving', each time it adds a name on to my
Outlook OUTBOX.

- For no apparent reason, after four or five 'saves', Word stops, the Word
screen grays out, and later I get this message: 'The program is not
responding', and I have to either restart it, or close it and re open it.

Thanks for your help!
Nityeshwari
-- -- --

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next, Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Nityeshwari,
Check with your ISP/Mail service, they may limit the number of recipients on
a single message, or the amount of bandwidth you can send using your email
account per event or day. Many limit to 25 or less, the number of recipients
you can have on a single message.

You may have to upgrade to one of their commercial packages.

Rich/rerat (RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next, Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nityeshwari Nityeshwari is offline

Thanks!
I did move up to the more expensive commercial packages where Port 25 -as
they explained to me- is opened. I was told I could send 500 emails max a day
which is more than enough for my needs.

Then I was able to do the Mailings for two or three months, no problem. It
just started acting up.

I will call the IPS provider thought and see if they can help me -
Thanks for your time and help...

Nityeshwari
-- -- - - --

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next, Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This problem has been reported before but I'm asking around to see if anyone
knows what its status is, as it is possible that it has been fixed. (It will
probably take at least several days even to get a response on this).

Meanwhile,
a. do you keep Office fully up-to-date via Windows/Microsoft update or
another mechanism?
b. can you please provide the full Word version details as reported in
Word-Office Button-Word Options-Resources-About ?
c. others have reported that the following things may help:
- save your mail merge main document before you start the merge
- save the mail merge main document as a Word 97-2003 compatible
document (old .doc format) before you start the merge
- both of the above, and ensure that no "Word 2007" format documents are
open when you start the merge (i.e. .docx/.dotm etc.)
- (and although I cannot recommend it, some people report that relaxing
the Word VBA security settings may make a difference. That could well be
true, but I have to say I doubt that it is a factor in this case)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next, Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nityeshwari Nityeshwari is offline

Hi Peter!

a. Yes I keep Office fully up-to-date by the Automatic Upgrades Feature.
b. I am using Word 2007 (12.0.6311. 5000) SPI MSO (12.0.6213.1000) [c] 2006

I always as a rule save all documents in the previous version so as to not
create conflict with other users with whom i share files. So that one is
taken care of.

Not sure what the Word VBA is, but since you do not recommend it - still,
could you please lead me to a link where I can learn about the Word VBA?

Thank You!!
Nityeshwari
-- -- --

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next, Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Thanks - I'll pass this info. on.

Not sure what the Word VBA is

I mean Word's "built-in" programmaing language, VBA. Although it doesn't
actually use the term "VBA" in there, in Word 2007 this setting is in
Word-Office Button-Word Options-Trust Center-Trust Center
Settings-Macro Settings.

--

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next,
Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nityeshwari Nityeshwari is offline

Peter: Is there any risk in my disabling the VBA? if there isn't i might as
well try it. Please enlighten me on this one.
Thanks,
Nityeshwari
-- -- --

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next,
Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The option describes the risk better than I could, and only you can decide-)

Just in case there is any confusion, I do not work for Microsoft.

Here, I wouldn't have too much problem changing that option for the purposes
of testing. Generally speaking,
a. I'd rather be disconnected from the Internet while doing so, which does
not necessarily make for a good test in this case
b. I'd try to avoid opening any other documents in any Office application
while testing
c. I'd try harder than usual not to forget to re-introduce my previous
setting afterwards.

-

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next,
Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just
stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nityeshwari Nityeshwari is offline

Pete: I will leave it at that - i don't have the level of expertise to tread
this road
It is possible one of the unending upgrades from Microsoft has changed
something in my Word - as I said it was working just fine

Thanks for your help
Nityeshwari
-- -- --

Nityeshwari wrote:
Hi! I use Windows Vista Home Premium - From one day to the next,
Word
stops responding when I attempt to do mass Mailings - it just
stops!

Has anybody experienced this problem? Word just won't save the
recipients to Outlook and it is very frustrating.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nityeshwari Nityeshwari is offline

Thank you for your suggestions. I woke up this morning with the idea that a
program I had installed recently, Grammar Anywhere, could be slowing down
Word - I uninstalled and now the Mailings feature is working perfectly!!

Nityeshwari
-- -- --