lanem

Default Can I do a Mail Merge in Word from a DataSet as the data source?

I've been doing a Mail Merge using an Excel Spreadsheet as the data source
using VB.NET. Can I just do it directly from my VB.NET code using a DataSet
I have in the code? Thanks.
Peter Jamieson

No, Word always wants to connect to an external file, unless it is
connecting via ODBC, but in that case
a. it needs a user or system DSN, which is not very much different from
having an external file
b. you would need an ODBC driver capable of returning the data in your
DataSet. A tall order, I suspect!

Peter Jamieson