Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
loesblokdijk loesblokdijk is offline

Default ribbon misssing

I did reinstal office 2007 beta version, because in word 2007 the ribbon was
missing. But now i have the same problem, The controle +F1 do not work either.
I there some one who has the solution to tackle tis problem
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since Office 2007 is beta, there isn't a lot of experience yet with problems
such as disappearing ribbons. First, I would try starting Word 2007 in Safe
Mode. Hold the Ctrl key as Word is starting, then say Yes to safe mode. Does
the ribbon come back?

If the ribbon comes back, then the problem likely is a corrupted registry
entry or a corrupted normal.dotm (or a corrupted add-in of some kind). You
might try adapting the steps shown here for Word 2007:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Note that despite the fact that this is named "Problems Opening Word," it's
really much broader than that. Some of the same issues that can prevent Word
from opening properly can cause other problems as well.

Note that a technical refresh patch is due soon for Office 2007 Beta 2, and
applying the patch might fix the problem as well. Check the Beta download
site every day or two to see if the patch has been posted yet.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"loesblokdijk" wrote in message
I did reinstal office 2007 beta version, because in word 2007 the ribbon
was
missing. But now i have the same problem, The controle +F1 do not work
either.
I there some one who has the solution to tackle tis problem

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jobra Han Jobra Han is offline

I encounter a similar problem but in my case its only part of the ribbon
that is missing. I was working on a (simple) presentation when suddenly the
powerpoint crashed. After starting up again, part of the ribbon was gone.

I have tried:
A start-up in safe mode
a restore of the OS
Running the office 2007 diagnostic (stated that there were no problems)

Nothing helps to restore the ribbon to its original state, so that no menu
options of the ribbon are missing.

How to solve this?

My system:
CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad core @ 2.4 GHz