Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Man David Man is offline

Default can you change ribbon

To me alot off the buttons on the ribbon are useless. Can I remove and add my
own like in the pevious version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

Not from within Word, no. You can write a RibbonX addin to do it. Check the
Office Developer Center on MSDN for samples. (and I think at least one of the
MVPs has a site set up for helping make this easier)

As an alternative:
Some people prefer working with the Ribbon collapsed to get it out of the
way (right click on any Ribbon control and choose "Minimize the Ribbon".)
Clicking any tab after that will give you a drop-down Ribbon that collapses
again after you've chosen your item.

And you can add the items you use frequently to the Quick Access Toolbar.
By default that's on the title bar just right of the Office button, but you
can move it below the Ribbon so you have room for more controls.
Particularly handy if you work with the Ribbon collapsed and just need a set
of 10-20 commonly used commands for most of your work. (adding commands is
easiest done by right-click on the Ribbon command you want, but you can also
use the Customize tab in Word Options for more commands)
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"David Man" wrote:

To me alot off the buttons on the ribbon are useless. Can I remove and add my
own like in the pevious version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

You can learn RibbonX to do it: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbonx
Or you can take a look at my RibbonCustomizer add-in linked below my
name.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net