Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Word 2007 Find and Replace

Are there any new and exciting features in wildcard searches in 2007? I've
still got a lot to learn about what's there already; it's just that I find
that such an interesting area to explore and study!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No, I don't think that anything has changed. In fact, once you get past the
ribbon, most of the dialogs are unchanged.

I assume that you have seen the article "Finding and replacing characters
using wildcards" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...gWildcards.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Are there any new and exciting features in wildcard searches in 2007?
I've
still got a lot to learn about what's there already; it's just that I find
that such an interesting area to explore and study!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Thanks for your reply, Doug. I'm sort of glad there's nothing new because I
still get "stumped" from time to time when trying to implement what knowledge
I now have.

Yes, I've studied and learned a lot from the Graham Mayor/Klaus Linke
article on wildcards and am so very thankful for it. I'm also thankful for
the help you and others in this group have given me in the past, too, Doug.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

No, I don't think that anything has changed. In fact, once you get past the
ribbon, most of the dialogs are unchanged.

I assume that you have seen the article "Finding and replacing characters
using wildcards" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...gWildcards.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Are there any new and exciting features in wildcard searches in 2007?
I've
still got a lot to learn about what's there already; it's just that I find
that such an interesting area to explore and study!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I haven't seen anything new but it appears that the bug with track changes
and the order of replacement of found groups and replacement text has been
fixed.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

No, I don't think that anything has changed. In fact, once you get past
the ribbon, most of the dialogs are unchanged.

I assume that you have seen the article "Finding and replacing characters
using wildcards" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...gWildcards.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Are there any new and exciting features in wildcard searches in 2007?
I've
still got a lot to learn about what's there already; it's just that I
find
that such an interesting area to explore and study!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The most recent version of the wildcard article is the one on my own web
site.
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm