Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ZA must be off for MS Office site ZA must be off for MS Office site is offline

Default Can Word 2007 do batch find/replace?

I have many Word 2007 files in which I wish to make the same find/replace.
Is there any easy way to do this? I am on WinXP, but soon should have Vista,
might it be easier to wait?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 04:02:02 -0700, ZA must be off for MS Office site
. com wrote:

I have many Word 2007 files in which I wish to make the same find/replace.
Is there any easy way to do this? I am on WinXP, but soon should have Vista,
might it be easier to wait?

Word 2007 does batch find and replace exactly the same way as all
versions from 97 through 2003: by programming a macro to do it. The
necessary macro is at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm. The only change
you would have to make to work with the new file format in Word 2007
is to change "*.doc" to "*.docx". If you also have macro-enabled
documents, you would have to run the macro again for "*.docm".

Whether you're on Windows XP or Vista will make absolutely no
difference.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

. com wrote:

I have many Word 2007 files in which I wish to make the same
find/replace. Is there any easy way to do this? I am on WinXP, but
soon should have Vista, might it be easier to wait?

Word 2007 does batch find and replace exactly the same way as all
versions from 97 through 2003: by programming a macro to do it. The
necessary macro is at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm. The only change
you would have to make to work with the new file format in Word 2007
is to change "*.doc" to "*.docx". If you also have macro-enabled
documents, you would have to run the macro again for "*.docm".

Whether you're on Windows XP or Vista will make absolutely no
difference.

And before somebody comes along to correct me, you could set up the macro to
handle both docx and docm files by changing the "*.doc" to "*.doc?" where
the question-mark wildcard character will match any letter.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman