Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Border lines in Track Changes Border lines in Track Changes is offline

Default showing lines in border with Track Changes

When I try to show the chnged lines in the border with Track Changes the
lines interfere with the text lines. How do I set the vertical line in the
right border outside of the text lines?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

On your Reviewing toolbar, there is Show button. Click the down arrow
for it and select Options.
Your choices for Changed lines a
None
Left border
Right border
Outside border

Hope this helps

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

wrote in message
:

When I try to show the chnged lines in the border with Track Changes the
lines interfere with the text lines. How do I set the vertical line in the
right border outside of the text lines?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/2/2007 11:10 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Border lines in Track Changes[_2_] Border lines in Track Changes[_2_] is offline

I tried that. It didn't help; the vertical line still runs through the text
lines, even in the "Outside Border" option. Basically, the margin for the
vertical line needs to be set separately from the text lines. Is there a way
to do this?

wrote in message
:

When I try to show the chnged lines in the border with Track Changes the
lines interfere with the text lines. How do I set the vertical line in the
right border outside of the text lines?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/2/2007 11:10 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Is your text outside of the margins? That's the only reason I can think
that the line would run through the text. The lines run outside the
margin. Check the paragraph formatting and if the number for indents is
a negative number, then you will need to adjust to either zero or a
positive number.

--

:

HYPERLINK "Changes@ discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
:

When I try to show the chnged lines in the border with Track Changes the
lines interfere with the text lines. How do I set the vertical line in the
right border outside of the text lines?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/2/2007 11:10 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/3/2007 10:08 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Border lines in Track Changes[_2_] Border lines in Track Changes[_2_] is offline

Yes, thank you. That was the problem, due to an earlier save of the document
with different margin settings.

: