FE

Default Can I prevent wavy spelling lines when others open my Word file?

I work in a field with lots of words not recognized by Word's spellchecker
and I need to submit a proposal electronically as a Word file. I don't want
there to be a bunch of wavy lines underlining correctly-spelled words that
their copy of Word doesn't recognize....same goes for correct grammar that
Word doesn't like (such as supposed fragments in my perfectly-correct
bibliography!). Is there any way for me to make the spelling and grammar
options stick with the document? I've already tried the "Hide spelling
errors in this document" and "Hide grammar errors in this document" options
but the wavy lines came back after I closed and re-opened the file.
Normally, I would solve this problem by making my file into a pdf, but the
proposal guidelines specify that they prefer the proposal to be submitted as
a Word file.
Greg Maxey

FE,

I think (not positive because I can't test it right now) that you can select
your text then ToolsLaguageSet Language and check "Do not check spelling
or grammar."

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

FE wrote:
I work in a field with lots of words not recognized by Word's
spellchecker and I need to submit a proposal electronically as a Word
file. I don't want there to be a bunch of wavy lines underlining
correctly-spelled words that their copy of Word doesn't
recognize....same goes for correct grammar that Word doesn't like
(such as supposed fragments in my perfectly-correct bibliography!).
Is there any way for me to make the spelling and grammar options
stick with the document? I've already tried the "Hide spelling
errors in this document" and "Hide grammar errors in this document"
options but the wavy lines came back after I closed and re-opened the
file. Normally, I would solve this problem by making my file into a
pdf, but the proposal guidelines specify that they prefer the
proposal to be submitted as a Word file.

FE

I tried it, and I think it worked. At least it stayed that way when I closed
and re-opened it on my machine. Thank you! Someone should add this to the
Word help menu so that this information comes up when someone looks up how to
get rid of the wavy lines/automatic spellchecking.

Non .doc files Tino New Users 12 March 9th 05 09:43 AM
why are there Black wavy lines in outline view? Mike New Users 3 February 8th 05 04:28 PM
extra long lines and word split at end of line without hyphenation RSA2004 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 12:15 PM
Text Recovery and Open & Repair in WD 2003? UserRAW1975 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 03:00 AM
Printing a document with grammer and spelling error wavy lines? GulfCoast_Guy Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 04 06:06 PM