Tina

Default Why is Past link inactive in the dialog Paste Special?

I'm trying to link a bmp-file into a Word-document, but the Past link-option
in the dialog Paste Special is inactive.

cyndi

I don't believe you can link a bitmap with the paste special box, try
inserting it as an object, and check the link checkbox there

"Tina" wrote:

I'm trying to link a bmp-file into a Word-document, but the Past link-option
in the dialog Paste Special is inactive.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y3luZGk=?=,

I don't believe you can link a bitmap with the paste special box, try
inserting it as an object, and check the link checkbox there

No, one should never insert a graphic as an object. Unless you know you
want to use OLE support specifically. Lots and lots and lots of
overhead; large file size; instability. Use Insert/Picture/From file
with the Link option.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly Kelly is offline

This happens to me when I already have the text linked. You need to unlink
the text, or remove the previous link.