Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathryn Pundt[_2_] Kathryn Pundt[_2_] is offline

Default Table of contents were automatically inserted into a table.

Some of my table of contents shows up in a table. How do I remove it? I
have removed all links (made the entire document Text) and reselected the
levels. Updated the table of contents and some of it is still in a table.
Oddly, just the Level 2. There are only two levels.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are saying that table text appears in the TOC, make sure that cell
contents have not been formatted in a heading style (or with an outline
level other than "Body text").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kathryn Pundt" wrote in message
Some of my table of contents shows up in a table. How do I remove it? I
have removed all links (made the entire document Text) and reselected the
levels. Updated the table of contents and some of it is still in a table.
Oddly, just the Level 2. There are only two levels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathryn Pundt[_2_] Kathryn Pundt[_2_] is offline

None of the headings are in any particular style, nor are there any in a
table. And, still all of the level 2s are inserted in a table in the TOC.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are saying that table text appears in the TOC, make sure that cell
contents have not been formatted in a heading style (or with an outline
level other than "Body text").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kathryn Pundt" wrote in message
Some of my table of contents shows up in a table. How do I remove it? I
have removed all links (made the entire document Text) and reselected the
levels. Updated the table of contents and some of it is still in a table.
Oddly, just the Level 2. There are only two levels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if a border has been added to the TOC 2 style. If this is Word 2007, do
the following: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. In the Styles pane, click the Manage
Styles button. On the Edit tab, locate the TOC 2 style, and click Modify. In
the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, and then click Border. On the
Borders tab, click the "None" option. Click OK repeatedly to confirm the
settings. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are saying that table text appears in the TOC, make sure that cell
contents have not been formatted in a heading style (or with an outline
level other than "Body text").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kathryn Pundt" wrote in message
Some of my table of contents shows up in a table. How do I remove it? I
have removed all links (made the entire document Text) and reselected the
levels. Updated the table of contents and some of it is still in a table.
Oddly, just the Level 2. There are only two levels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathryn Pundt[_2_] Kathryn Pundt[_2_] is offline

Sorry, I have Word 2003. I know there are borders throughout the document,
but the table in the TOC isn't an issue with any of the other headings. I
inherited this document, so I am not fully sure what is in it.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are saying that table text appears in the TOC, make sure that cell
contents have not been formatted in a heading style (or with an outline
level other than "Body text").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kathryn Pundt" wrote in message
Some of my table of contents shows up in a table. How do I remove it? I
have removed all links (made the entire document Text) and reselected the
levels. Updated the table of contents and some of it is still in a table.
Oddly, just the Level 2. There are only two levels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

So you are saying that only a single heading is affected (not all headings at
a particular level)?

If you want to, I can take a look at the document. Send it to
.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are saying that table text appears in the TOC, make sure that cell
contents have not been formatted in a heading style (or with an outline
level other than "Body text").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kathryn Pundt" wrote in message
Some of my table of contents shows up in a table. How do I remove it? I
have removed all links (made the entire document Text) and reselected the
levels. Updated the table of contents and some of it is still in a table.
Oddly, just the Level 2. There are only two levels.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathryn Pundt[_2_] Kathryn Pundt[_2_] is offline

Stefan:

I gave it one more try and figured it out. In the formatting of that level
was set to have a line to the right, left, top, and bottom. I had never seen
that option before, so was unaware. I have to tell you, though, reading your
response "(not all headings at particular level)" got me to thinking about
the formatting of that level. So, even though you did not come up with the
solution, it was because of you that I found it. THANK YOU!

Kathryn Pundt