Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bellevue13 bellevue13 is offline

Default save file drop down list

In both Word and Excel (office pro 2007), how do I delete the drop down list
of files (save as, file name, drop down)? The drop down list shows files
that were saved in the past that I no longer want visible.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 4 May 2009 13:50:01 -0700, bellevue13
wrote:

In both Word and Excel (office pro 2007), how do I delete the drop down list
of files (save as, file name, drop down)? The drop down list shows files
that were saved in the past that I no longer want visible.

Run the Regedit.exe program and navigate to the folder

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Open Find\Microsoft
Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU

(If you can't find that, try using 12.0 instead of 11.0. It may depend on
whether you upgraded from Office 2003, which was version 11.)

On the right side, the entry titled "Value" contains the list of file names.
Double-click it and edit the list by deleting entire lines.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman