Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joteach Joteach is offline

Default I need to click on "preferences". Where is it?

I'm trying to find out the readability of a passage and the directions are to
go to "edit" and click on "preferences" to start. I don't see "preferences"
under edit on my toolbar. Any ideas on where to look for it?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 4 May 2009 18:59:01 -0700, Joteach
wrote:

I'm trying to find out the readability of a passage and the directions are to
go to "edit" and click on "preferences" to start. I don't see "preferences"
under edit on my toolbar. Any ideas on where to look for it?

Thanks

I don't know what instructions you're referring to, but they're wrong (or maybe
mistranslated).

If you have Word 2003 or earlier, first go to Tools Options Spelling &
Grammar, and check the box for "Show readability statistics". Then select the
passage in the text (if it's the entire document, you don't have to select
anything) and press F7 to run the spell checker. When it completes, the
readability dialog will appear.

If you have Word 2007, the option is at Office button Word Options Proofing.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman