DaveAS

Default mail merge and access query

Hooray and thank you. Difficult problem so simple to solve when you know how!

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

In Word, from the Tools menu select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against "Confirm conversions at open". Then when you
attach the data source to the document, you will be give a number of options
for the method by which the connection should be made. One of the options
should allow you to access the queries as well.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"monterey63" wrote in message

My office recently converted to windows 2003. I have a mail merge template
that I populate with data from an access query. Now when I try to get the
merge data, it gives me table choices within the database but no query
choices. How do I choose query results for mail merge data?

DaveAS

Despite my earlier euphoria, the result was very short lived and despite
numerous attempts at changing the "Confirm conversion at open" I am now again
without the Mail Merge facility, I only have "Merge Document" even on a new,
and blank Document, HELP please.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

In Word, from the Tools menu select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against "Confirm conversions at open". Then when you
attach the data source to the document, you will be give a number of options
for the method by which the connection should be made. One of the options
should allow you to access the queries as well.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"monterey63" wrote in message

My office recently converted to windows 2003. I have a mail merge template
that I populate with data from an access query. Now when I try to get the
merge data, it gives me table choices within the database but no query
choices. How do I choose query results for mail merge data?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RGF2ZUFT?=,

Despite my earlier euphoria, the result was very short lived and despite
numerous attempts at changing the "Confirm conversion at open" I am now again
without the Mail Merge facility, I only have "Merge Document" even on a new,
and blank Document, HELP please.

Which version of Word is this? You mention Windows 2003 in an earlier post, but
perhaps you meant Word 2003? In the Tools menu, do you find an entry for Letters
and Mailings?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Doug Robbins

From the View menu in Word, select Toolbars and check the Mail Merge
toolbar. Then use that. It has all of the functionality that you require.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

In Word, from the Tools menu select Options and then go to the General
tab
and check the box against "Confirm conversions at open". Then when you
attach the data source to the document, you will be give a number of
options
for the method by which the connection should be made. One of the
options
should allow you to access the queries as well.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"monterey63" wrote in message

My office recently converted to windows 2003. I have a mail merge
template
that I populate with data from an access query. Now when I try to get
the
merge data, it gives me table choices within the database but no query
choices. How do I choose query results for mail merge data?

DaveAS

Doug and Cindy.
Sorry I should have mentioned that I am using word 2000, It was the original
poster who had upgraded to 2003, not me.
Thanks for the replies, however......
In my word (2000) under View - Toolbars there is no 'Mail Merge'. Under
tools there used to be the Mail Merge option which I have used successfully,
but now there isn't. The nearest to 'Mail Merge' is 'Merge Document' This
unfortunately doesn't allow me access to 'Mail Merge'

From the View menu in Word, select Toolbars and check the Mail Merge

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RGF2ZUFT?=,

Sorry I should have mentioned that I am using word 2000, It was the original
poster who had upgraded to 2003, not me.
Thanks for the replies, however......
In my word (2000) under View - Toolbars there is no 'Mail Merge'. Under
tools there used to be the Mail Merge option which I have used successfully,
but now there isn't. The nearest to 'Mail Merge' is 'Merge Document' This
unfortunately doesn't allow me access to 'Mail Merge'

Was Word installed on your machine as part of the Works suite, perhaps? In that
case, the mail merge command is supplied by the Works Addin, and will disappear
if this is removed.

Go to Tools/Customize/Commands. Select "All commands". Look for the Mail merge
Helper and drag it to the Tools menu.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cathy - Aggie

I am having exactly the same problem. I can't find mail merge. I have had
it before and have not upgraded or changed anything that I can think of. I
have XP, so I have works. An IT firm added Word 2000 and made the necessary
changes to Works so that Word 2000 would be just like Office Word and not
Works Word. I tried the path you suggested. When I got to Command I had to
click Keyboard to find all commands. I clicked it and in a different space
clicked mail merge helper but I didn't know what to do next. Thanks for any
help.

Cathy

Hi ?B?RGF2ZUFT?=,