Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chunnel chunnel is offline

Default Save a Word 2003 doc without the address block info

I want to be able to save a Word doc that I can forward to someone else
without saving the address block info from a mail merge. Ie. When I email
someone with such a doc, then get an error message because the word doc
cannot find the data from the mail merge. Of course not, it's on my
computer. So how do I save the end result of the mail merge so that I can
email them a perfectly harmless word doc. This is a similiar idea to
pasting the value from a spreadheet and not the formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Either merge to a new document and send them the *merged* document (which
seems logical)
or
From the mailmerge toolbar (or Mailmerge Helper) - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm - change the
document type from 'Letters' or whatever, to 'normal word document', which
will detach the data file and leave the fields.

chunnel wrote:
I want to be able to save a Word doc that I can forward to someone
else without saving the address block info from a mail merge. Ie.
When I email someone with such a doc, then get an error message
because the word doc cannot find the data from the mail merge. Of
course not, it's on my computer. So how do I save the end result of
the mail merge so that I can email them a perfectly harmless word
doc. This is a similar idea to pasting the value from a spreadsheet
and not the formula.