Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin Ed Mullikin is offline

Default Hanging indent

When I am typing a few numbered paragraphs Word 2007 automatically assumes
that I want a "hanging" paragraph and sets it up for me. I want to do it
myself. How do I turn this feature off? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:10:35 -0500 from Ed Mullikin :
When I am typing a few numbered paragraphs Word 2007 automatically assumes
that I want a "hanging" paragraph and sets it up for me. I want to do it
myself. How do I turn this feature off? Thanks.

Look for Autoformat (which may be in advanced options), or reformat
the paragraph.

If you watch the screen when typing, and hit Ctrl-Z as soon as the
format changes, it should go back to normal format. Or you may be
able to hit Ctrl-Shift-N to return to the style called Normal.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In an existing list, change the indents by right-clicking and then choosing
Adjust List Indents from the context menu.

To prevent Word from automatically creating numbered lists, clear that
option in the AutoCorrect dialog box, AutoFormat As You Type tab (Office
button | Word Options, Proofing category, AutoCorrect Options button).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Hanging Indent jvh Microsoft Word Help 2 October 1st 07 02:14 PM
How do I do a hanging indent, like I would use for references. Sheri Pelletrino Page Layout 1 May 13th 07 05:47 AM
Hanging indent Neil Microsoft Word Help 2 January 13th 06 12:47 AM
Hanging indent? Jean Barto New Users 2 November 1st 05 10:02 AM
Hanging indent for document?. Sea Otter Microsoft Word Help 9 December 29th 04 05:30 PM