Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henry Henry is offline

Default Office 2007 - Word will not open older file doc?

The error message leads to make registry changes. I have made these and I
cannot open the doc file. This is the error message:

When you try to open a Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, or Microsoft
Word file, the file does not open. Additionally, you receive the following
message:
You are attempting to open a file type that has been blocked by your
administrator.

I have reviewed 922849 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849/) and
922850.