Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Old 55 Old 55 is offline

Default Power Saving Mode

When working in Word my system give a loud pop, the screen goes to black and
a white box appears briefly on the screen saying "Power Saving Mode" and the
whole system shuts down. The only way to recover is to hold in the on/off
button for a while and then re-start. This also happens when working on the
Internet, in Outlook or when running a full Norton scan. My Power settings a
set at Never on all that I can find, as in when to switch off but this
problem persists.
Help?