Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
CWHelp

Default Update Existing Tables in a prevously created doucment.

I know how to create a new default table, but is there a way to update all
existing tables automatically with the new default styles other than going to
each table and applying this new format? My new format repeats the header
row, doesn't allow breaking and is a blue color.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There is a command, TableUpdateAutoFormat, that has the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+U.
Ordinarily what this does (and very usefully, too) is remove borders from
the default Table Grid table and render it Table Normal. But if you have
selected another style as your default AutoFormat, it might be worth a shot
to select the entire document, press Ctrl+A, and then Ctrl+Alt+U. If the
results are not favorable, Ctrl+Z to Undo.

"CWHelp" wrote in message
I know how to create a new default table, but is there a way to update all
existing tables automatically with the new default styles other than going

each table and applying this new format? My new format repeats the header
row, doesn't allow breaking and is a blue color.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob S

Yes, it apparently applies Table Normal as direct formatting. (It does
not seem to care whether you have set some other style as the default
Table AutoFormat style.)

This is completely at variance with the official description, which
claims that it re-applies the previously applied Table AutoFormat
style. As far as I know it has never done this.

Do you have any idea what is behind the discrepancy between the
official description and the surface truth?

Bob S