Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Eldon Eldon is offline

Default How do create different first page in template w/o losing header?

I am using Office 2003 and trying to create a letterhead. I have followed
instructions online for doing so. The problem is after inserting letterhead
info in the header and closing the header and footer dialog box and follow
the next step instructions to go to page setup and check different first page
and hit OK, I lose all the info I have just inserted into the header. Can
ayone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Reverse the order of the two steps.

Please don't post the same message to multiple groups--it makes it harder
for you to find the answer, and risks the chance that altruists will waste
their time giving you an answer you already received.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You haven't really lost it; it's still in the Header, and if you insert a
manual page break temporarily, you can access the Header, cut it from there,
and paste it into the First Page Header. As Daiya suggests, however,
reversing the order of procedure is more efficient. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm