Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick York[_2_] Patrick York[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple Dictionaries in Right-Click 'Add To Dictionary'

It would be really useful to have a drop-down list of current dictionaries
when you right-click a word to add to dictionary. I work on multiple diverse
projects - from programming to fiction writing - so, unless I can be bothered
to go into options every time I open a document to set the current default
dictionary, I have to add all words to one dictionary. So, for example, I
will end up adding the name of a fictional character to the same dictionary I
use for programming documents, which is silly.

Alternatively, it would be good if the current default dictionary could be
set per document, so that it is automatically selected when a document is
opened.

Making matters worse, the 'Ignore All' option appears to reset every time a
document is opened, making that useless too.

I am sure previous versions of Word handled this better.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would agree with either or both suggestions. I don't think many people are
aware, in any case, that they can change the dictionary to which "Add to
Dictionary" applies.

One alternative to Ignore All is to define a "no proofing" character style
and apply it to words you don't want spell-checked, but that is certainly
more work than right-click, Ignore All.

But I would disagree that previous versions of Word handled any of this
better.

http://word.mvps.org