Roel Vanhout

Default templates in/for multiple languages

Hi,

I have a template with content that can be in 3 languages. The titles
and the text in the template has to change for every language
(obviously) but the layout has to stay the same. At the moment I have
three templates: report_nl.dot, report_de.dot and report_en.dot. But
every time the layout needs tweaking I need to do that in all three
templates. Now the number of languages will probably increase so I'd
like to automate it a bit. Ideally I'd want one template, that asks
(upon 'instantiation', ie, when a document is created from the template)
in which language it should be, offering a combobox with choices, and
then makes a document in that language. Is it possible without a lot of
vbscript hacking? (I imagine I could write a macro that will search and
replace all occurences of a certain placeholder text with the actual
text in that language, but I'd like an easier way Especially wrt
keeping the templates and texts up to date)

cheers,

roel

Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
How do I turn off the MS Word templates ?? Jay Freedman Microsoft Word Help 0 June 30th 05 03:52 PM
Workgroup templates Jon Lewis Microsoft Word Help 2 June 13th 05 09:21 PM
Templates in too many languages. Only need English. capt_dalton Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 10:29 PM