Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cynjor312

Default Lock Table but not text

I have tables that includes form fields. I notice when entering information,
the table size increases causing the number of pages of my document to
increase. i dont want the table to increase in size, just the form fields. i
would like to enter text into the form fields, have those form fields
increase in size with options i've set and the table to not move. i must add
that each form field is in a table which is also inside a table, if that
helps. is there a way to set the whole table so that it wont increase or do i
have to change the whole table along with each individual table inside that
table. this is the last thing i have to correct and i'll be done with this
form. please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y3luam9yMzEy?=,

You need to explain something to me: how should the form fields' sizes be
allowed to increase, but not the table size? When a form field grows, the thing
containing it must also grow in order to display the content?

Generally, we set the row height and column widths to "exact" measurements if we
need to maintain page layout in a form. If the form field continues to grow
beyond those dimensions, the extra text will disappear "behind" the cell border.

I have tables that includes form fields. I notice when entering information,
the table size increases causing the number of pages of my document to
increase. i dont want the table to increase in size, just the form fields. i
would like to enter text into the form fields, have those form fields
increase in size with options i've set and the table to not move. i must add
that each form field is in a table which is also inside a table, if that
helps. is there a way to set the whole table so that it wont increase or do i
have to change the whole table along with each individual table inside that
table.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org