Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tshad tshad is offline

Default Page Border not showing bottom border

I am using both Mac 2004 and Windows Word 2003 and have the same problem.

I have set up a Page Border but the bottom line won't show. On the Mac, I
get an error that says it is outside of the printable area.

How do I get it inside of the area?

I can't find a setting for this. The top, left and right print fine.

Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tshad tshad is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

I tried all of what they say, but it still won't work on either the Mac or
the PC.

I tried to do it from the edge of the text, but then the 31pts are not
enough for the left and right and are too far in.

I also tried to get rid of the footer altogether by deleting everything out
of the footer area, but it still won't print the bottom line.

Thanks,

Tom

so
all may benefit.

"tshad" wrote in message
I am using both Mac 2004 and Windows Word 2003 and have the same problem.

I have set up a Page Border but the bottom line won't show. On the Mac,
get an error that says it is outside of the printable area.

How do I get it inside of the area?

I can't find a setting for this. The top, left and right print fine.

Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tshad tshad is offline

No matter what you do you can't make the border work correctly (on an HP 895
anyway).

Since we can't get the bottom line to print we decided to delete the top
line and now the left an right lines print all the way to the top of the
page. On the Mac, when we change the top and bottom to 24, it starts to
display it correctly on the screen and then changes it back to 1 and runs
the lines up to the top. On the PC, the same thing with the lines always
going to the top, but I can set the top and the bottom to 24, but the
program just ignores it.

I have similar problem with Tables of contents. There are just things that
just don't work correctly. Sometimes you can kludge it to work - but others
(in the case of the the Page Borders) you just can't get to work. Not sure
why the 31pt limit but if that wasn't there - we would have been able to get
it to work.

Tom