Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Skeeter

Default No Address Book!

When I click on Address Book all I see is "Contacts" and no other options.
How do I setup an address Book in Outlook, Outlook express or WD2000 that
would allow me to select Mailing, Home or other types of addresses I may want
to use. Contacts only gives me a name, Email address & phone number.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your version of Outlook is the same as your version of Word AND you are
using Outlook as your default email client, you can identify your Outlook
Contacts as an Address Book for use in Word.

"Skeeter" wrote in message
When I click on Address Book all I see is "Contacts" and no other options.
How do I setup an address Book in Outlook, Outlook express or WD2000 that
would allow me to select Mailing, Home or other types of addresses I may

want
to use. Contacts only gives me a name, Email address & phone number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

In addition to Suzanne's comments - you can set the mailing address from
Outlook Contacts (which is the one Word will insert by default). If you want
to be able to pick the address, you need to either merge from Outlook
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm or pick the required fields
from the address book - see http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm
By default Outlook only sets the main contacts list as an e-mail address
book. If you want access to more than one Outlook contacts list you need to
set each as an e-mail address book and then you get the choice which to use
when inserting addresses - but the basic premise that you have to have the
same version of Outlook as Word and that it must be set as the default
e-mail application remains.

Skeeter wrote:
When I click on Address Book all I see is "Contacts" and no other
options. How do I setup an address Book in Outlook, Outlook express
or WD2000 that would allow me to select Mailing, Home or other types
of addresses I may want to use. Contacts only gives me a name, Email
address & phone number.

Accessing Outlook Address Book from Word Asking in Atlanta Microsoft Word Help 1 January 10th 06 06:40 AM
How do I change the default address book in Word? Chuck Look Microsoft Word Help 0 September 1st 05 06:36 PM
Address Book Judy Microsoft Word Help 0 June 16th 05 10:10 PM
Address Book no show Ross Moody New Users 2 January 16th 05 08:49 PM
Requirement for address book contact for addressing an envelope? ajsandbergjr Microsoft Word Help 5 December 11th 04 11:53 PM