Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
westsan

Default Saving a Wizard locally. Can anyone tell me how???

Can anyone tell me how I can save this "Wizard" locally so that I may use it
anytime?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...070701033.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

At the top of that page under Agenda wizard, you will see

TemplatesBusiness and LegalMeetings and ProjectsAgendas and Minutes.

Click on the Agendas and Minutes and you will be taken to

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...995981033.aspx

Right click on the link to the wizard that you want and select Save target
as ... and save it in your Word templates folder.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"westsan" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can save this "Wizard" locally so that I may use
it
anytime?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...070701033.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Click the Download button on that page. This saves the wizard locally to a
temporary location on your computer, under the name 'Agenda Wizard.wiz'.
When the wizard dialog displays, click Finish. Then go to Tools Templates
and add-ins. The 'template' shows where the wizard was saved on your
computer. (The default is something like C:\Documents and
Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\TCDnnn.tmp\) Use Explorer to move it
to your Templates folder. It's then available when you use File New.

"westsan" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can save this "Wizard" locally so that I may use
it
anytime?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...070701033.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
westsan

Doug's solution was nice but it forces you to save an HTML file to your
Template directory. Not only is that not intuitive... I just prefer a meat
and potato solution where I can grab the applicable file.

THank you ALL
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think Doug had not tried this. He envisioned that the link would be a
download link, but it's not. If it were, you would not be saving an HTML
page but the target of the link, which would be the template file.
Unfortunately, the link goes to another Web page, with a Download Now
button, and right-clicking on the button doesn't give you the opportunity to
choose anything. Worse still, the Download Now button does not give you the
opportunity to choose a Save location; it just opens the wizard in Word.
From there, however, you should be able to save it to your Templates folder.

"westsan" wrote in message
Doug's solution was nice but it forces you to save an HTML file to your
Template directory. Not only is that not intuitive... I just prefer a meat
and potato solution where I can grab the applicable file.

THank you ALL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

If you install Netscape, which doesn't use ActiveX controls, and go to the
download site in Netscape (Mozilla, Firefox, ...) The site will give you an
opportunity to actually download the templates. That should include the
Wizard.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.