Cannot see Page Breaks in Draft view

Old January 23rd 10, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ilbgvm4e

Default Cannot see Page Breaks in Draft view

When I insert a manual page break, i cannot actually see it in Draft view
until I type a character on the very next line down from the page break. If
I do a manual page break and then hit enter to move down a line or two, the
page break is hidden. I really need to see where each page break is when I
make one. I didn't have this problem with Word 2003 in Normal view and I
don't know how to fix it now?!
Old January 24th 10, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com

Turn on nonprinting formatting marks and you will see them. In W2007 the
page break line ends in a return and only goes about one-third of the way
across the page. The page break + return eliminates problems with the page
break having the same style as the following text. The down side is that it
does not show up unless formatting marks are showing. As you've noticed,
separating the page break from its return restores the old full width return
that you are used to seeing.

Pam