Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SIGNHEAR SIGNHEAR is offline

Default Where can I find the ASL interpreting symbol I can download?

I am in the process of making new bunsiness cards and need the logo (non-copy
righted) in order to place on my business cards Been having difficulty
finding it. Any Suggestions? etc................
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to http://www.mrac.org/resources/pdf/SignLanguageGuide.pdf (the
first hit in a Google search for "ASL interpreting symbol"):

"These symbols may be used in press releases, brochures, signs, forms, maps,
floorplans, advertisements and newsletters. To obtain electronically
generated copies of these and other symbols related to access, along with a
brochure that explains how to use the graphics effectively, send $12.95 plus
$3.50 shipping and handling to Graphics Arts Guild Foundation, 90 John
Street, Ste. 403, New York, NY 10038-3202. Specify a PC or MAC disk. You can
also download the symbols from their website at www.gag.org/das."

Unfortunately, that Web page is 404, but you could copy/paste the symbol
from the PDF document. A larger (but not necessarily higher-resolution)
version appears at
http://www.ods.ohio-state.edu/servic...campus-events/
(the graphic itself at
http://www.ods.ohio-state.edu/posts/...reter-big.jpg). There's
another version (reverse B&W) at
http://www.ehow.com/how_2311496_find...-program-.html.

http://word.mvps.org

"SIGNHEAR" wrote in message
I am in the process of making new bunsiness cards and need the logo
(non-copy
righted) in order to place on my business cards Been having difficulty
finding it. Any Suggestions? etc................

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WhiteRat[_2_] WhiteRat[_2_] is offline

It looks like they have a new page for this. From:

http://www.graphicartistsguild.org/r...ccess-symbols/

you can download graphic files (TIFF format) for 12 symbols, in both
"positive" and "negative" versions. That page also gives a phone number for
ordering the full set of symbols on CD.

"SIGNHEAR" wrote in message
I am in the process of making new bunsiness cards and need the logo
(non-copy
righted) in order to place on my business cards Been having difficulty
finding it. Any Suggestions? etc................

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A little confusing since the page states:

Downloading Individual Images
The downloadable files below (under 150k each) are available in both
positive (black on a white background) or negative (white on a black
background.) Each is in an uncompressed TIF format. The icons shown below
are the "positive" examples. Clicking on the appropriate text link beneath
each image starts the download.

Yet there is no text link beneath any of the images.

http://word.mvps.org