Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RonInAlbuquerque RonInAlbuquerque is offline

Default How to prevent the style from changing from the previous paragraph

After entering text in a paragraph (using for example Arial, 10 pt.) I hit
the Enter key to start another paragraph. However, the next paragraph
format/style changes to a bullet point style instead of continuing with the
Arial, 10 pt. style. I can't figure out why the style/format is changing and
I don't know what to do to correct it. It doesn't matter what font or style I
am using in the first paragraph, when I hit Enter, it always changes to a
bullet point font in the next paragraph.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RonInAlbuquerque RonInAlbuquerque is offline

Default How to prevent the style from changing from the previous parag

Suzanne,
Thanks for your response. The style is Arial but it is bullet pointed. I
first noticed this problem when I started using styles in a large document (a
personnel manual). I wonder if somehow those styles are affecting all my
documents.
RonInAlbuquerque

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What is the "Style for following paragraph" of the style you're using?

"RonInAlbuquerque" wrote in
message ...
After entering text in a paragraph (using for example Arial, 10 pt.) I hit
the Enter key to start another paragraph. However, the next paragraph
format/style changes to a bullet point style instead of continuing with

the
Arial, 10 pt. style. I can't figure out why the style/format is changing

and
I don't know what to do to correct it. It doesn't matter what font or

style I
am using in the first paragraph, when I hit Enter, it always changes to a
bullet point font in the next paragraph.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To determine the "Style for following paragraph," display the Modify
Style dialog box (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html) for the
style in use.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What is the "Style for following paragraph" of the style you're

using?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"RonInAlbuquerque"

wrote in
message ...
After entering text in a paragraph (using for example Arial, 10

pt.) I hit
the Enter key to start another paragraph. However, the next

paragraph
format/style changes to a bullet point style instead of

continuing with
the
Arial, 10 pt. style. I can't figure out why the style/format is

changing
and
I don't know what to do to correct it. It doesn't matter what

font or
style I
am using in the first paragraph, when I hit Enter, it always

changes to a
bullet point font in the next paragraph.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the "Style for following paragraph" is defined as bulleted, then I would
expect to see a bulleted paragraph after pressing Enter. But I think you may
have misunderstood the question; see Stefan's post.

"RonInAlbuquerque" wrote in
message ...