Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redline redline is offline

Default paragraph numbering

I am numbering paragraphs, which to me is a pain in the you know what in
Word. Having said, that I am doing it in single space. When I enter [two
returns to the next paragraph, it automatically goes off. It's bugging me!

Also, when I change from an alphabet to a number such as "i" it starts at
"ii".

Lastly, how can I stop it from indenting when I would prefer the test to wrap?
Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want double spacing between your paragraphs, learn to use paragraph
settings instead of hitting the return key twice.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"redline" wrote in message
I am numbering paragraphs, which to me is a pain in the you know what in
Word. Having said, that I am doing it in single space. When I enter [two
returns to the next paragraph, it automatically goes off. It's bugging
me!

Also, when I change from an alphabet to a number such as "i" it starts at
"ii".

Lastly, how can I stop it from indenting when I would prefer the test to
wrap?
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't press Enter twice. Instead, add some Spacing Before/After to your
paragraph via the Format | Paragraph dialog. Or add 12 points Spacing Before
with Ctrl+0. Ideally, this is done with a style (or by modifying a style
such as List Number).