evilmrw

Default How do I stop Word creating new normal.dot templates?

Each time I open Word 2002 [Office XP Professional], it creates a new
template called "normal.dot" in Application Data/Microsoft/Templates. This
has caused the computer to seize up if a document with a logo or textbox is
opened. When the template is deleted the problem is solved.
How do I stop the creation of this template?
Graham Mayor

You can't stop it, nor should you. It is an essential system file that will
be created when it doesn't exist. See instead
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm