P.Bradac

Default Index entries do not group

Hi everyone,

using Word 2003 I get strange results with index entries. If I enter:

{XE "reportreview"}
{XE "report:changing"}
{XE "report:grouping"}

the entries do not appear in index like:

report
changing, 123
grouping, 345
preview, 212

but rather as:

report
changing, 123
report
grouping, 345
report
preview, 212

I've checked, there are no extra spaces or other characters in index
entries.
It is strange, but some other 'report' entries are grouped as they
should.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause of it?

TIA,
Primoz

I've had this happen and, like you, could not find any cause for it. In the
end, I decided to stop spinning my wheels. When editing was complete, I just
unlinked the index and edited it by hand to repair the entries (in my case,
it was happening with only a couple of names in an index consisting entirely
of names in a family history).

om...