Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
e125 e125 is offline

Default Stop Review Toolbar from Appearing

Every time I open an MS word doc 2003, the Reviewing toolbar automatically
opens as well.

How do I prevent this from happening? This also occurred on a word file I
sent to a colleague. He opened the document and one could see the comments in
the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

See €śReview Toolbar Annoyance€ť

The reason why the comments appear on the other users computer:

This is a result of a security setting. If the setting €śMake hidden markup
visible when opening or saving€ť in Tools Options Security tab is turned
on (which it is by default), any tracked changes found in a document will be
shown when you open the document (€śFinal Showing Markup€ť view).

To change this, each user must turn off that setting. However, if users turn
off the setting, they risk distributing documents with tracked changes
without being aware of it.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)