hellokitty1

Default track changes color

I received a document in which two previous users had already inserted their
udpates so they appeared in two colors. When I added my changes, they matched
the color of an existing user so one could not distinguish between the two
users. What is happening here? I have my Track Changes color set By Author
Shauna Kelly

Hi

I've never seen that before. If you hover over a tracked change from the
other two users, what author's name is shown? And, what author's name is
shown when you hover over your tracked changes? Are they the same? If so,
use Tools Options User Information and make a change to your user name
or initials. That might fix it, but probably only for future track changes
you make; not for those that are already in the document.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"hellokitty1" wrote in message
I received a document in which two previous users had already inserted
their
udpates so they appeared in two colors. When I added my changes, they
matched
the color of an existing user so one could not distinguish between the two
users. What is happening here? I have my Track Changes color set By Author

ValerieatAlston

I am having the exact same problem!!

HelloKitty1: Did you eventually get an answer to your question regarding
your insertions being the same color as another reviewer of the same
document. I have checked the settings to be "by author," etc., and confirmed
the author(s) of the insertions to be different, but my insertions are still
the same color as the other author.

HELP.

Thank you.

Valerie