Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David Nebenzahl

Default Help needed: booklet-printing macro not working correctly

I downloaded the code for, and installed the macros on the mvps.org
website (http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm) that
were given as a suggestion here to someone else's query about booklet
printing.

The macros work, but I'm having problems getting them to work correctly.
Specifically, the pages don't print in the center of the sheet; I'm
trying to print a CD booklet, with 4-3/4" x 5" pages, 2 to a sheet. The
righthand page prints off the bottom of the sheet. (Apart from that, the
macros work great.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? I believe I've
set this up correctly, but may have overlooked one or two little things.
(I'm using W2K).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The macros are probably designed for the default A4/Letter and may not work
reliably with custom sizes. I have never used them, and the creator has not
frequented these NGs in many years. I suspect, however, that the problem is
that Word and the printer are not coming to terms about the paper size.

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
I downloaded the code for, and installed the macros on the mvps.org
website (http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm) that
were given as a suggestion here to someone else's query about booklet
printing.

The macros work, but I'm having problems getting them to work correctly.
Specifically, the pages don't print in the center of the sheet; I'm
trying to print a CD booklet, with 4-3/4" x 5" pages, 2 to a sheet. The
righthand page prints off the bottom of the sheet. (Apart from that, the
macros work great.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? I believe I've
set this up correctly, but may have overlooked one or two little things.
(I'm using W2K).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David Nebenzahl

Suzanne S. Barnhill spake thus:

The macros are probably designed for the default A4/Letter and may not work
reliably with custom sizes. I have never used them, and the creator has not
frequented these NGs in many years. I suspect, however, that the problem is
that Word and the printer are not coming to terms about the paper size.

Sounds about right to me.

So any chance of someone who knows enough about VB and Word workings
suggesting some tweaks for the macros? I think what I want to do is
within the realm of possibility.

By the way, there's at least one error in the macros published on the
MVPS site; I had to complete the 'NumCopies = Inputbox "' statement to
make it compile and run.

While you're at it, any chance of adding print crop marks to the macro?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The macro was written for Word 2000. Our then-Webmaster never did much like
it but, not having time to come up with a better one himself, grudgingly
allowed it to be posted.

"Thomas Lindberg" wrote in message

[...]

The need for completion of the macro combines with Suzanne's statement

that
the macro author has not been here for a while:
The macro was probably written for an previous version of Word, newer

Words
have extended features that need more info to work.

Thomas