Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert722 Robert722 is offline

Default office suite 2007 word & outlook freeze on opening, not excel

In Office Suite 2007: I cannot open Word or Outlook but can open Excel &
Access- they both operate normally. Once, Word opened then stopped
responding & "asked" if I wanted to open in Safe mode; I did and it worked
fine.

I also get the same Not Responding "white haze" screen in Windows Live Mail
when trying to open MWV files.

Any suggestions would help. BTW, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office
Suite 2007...still not working normally. And it did work okay until a few
weeks ago.

Appeciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You probably have an incompatible add-in or corrupt normal template (which
would be retained over an install) see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm. Without checking I
don't know if the latter has been updated to cover 2007 yet, but the general
principles remain true even if not.