Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Default HOW TO HAVE TEXT THAT IS NOT READABLE BE READABLE??

I am running WORD2000, and I have some TXT files, written on another computer.
Those files has been written in thai, and when i now open those files, the
text is not readable.
Please guide me to have those text files encoded.
I am unable to understand the help, I get from the office assistent.
Best regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do you mean that you can't see the Thai alphabet or that you personally
don't read Thai?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JOHN" wrote in message
I am running WORD2000, and I have some TXT files, written on another
computer.
Those files has been written in thai, and when i now open those files, the
text is not readable.
Please guide me to have those text files encoded.
I am unable to understand the help, I get from the office assistent.
Best regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

I cannot see the thai alphabet.
Text looks like this: ร*ยพร—รจรรฃร‹รฉรƒร™รฉร‡รจร’ร*รร—รจรรร’ร‚ร˜ร–ยง ยกร“ร‹ยนยดยนร‘รฉยน ร‡รจร’ยจรรคยปยตยกรร‚ร™รจร€ยพรคร‹ยน

Originally, it was written in thai on the Pc at hand.
Now I have installed windows xp home edition in english and word 2000 in
english.
And then I get this problem.
May be word 2000 does not support thai??
Regards, John

"JOHN" wrote in message
I am running WORD2000, and I have some TXT files, written on another
computer.
Those files has been written in thai, and when i now open those files, the
text is not readable.
Please guide me to have those text files encoded.
I am unable to understand the help, I get from the office assistent.
Best regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do you have that font on your system?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JOHN" wrote in message
I cannot see the thai alphabet.
Text looks like this: เพื่อให้รู้ว่าเมื่ออายุึงกำหนดนั้น
ว่าจะไปตกอยู่ภพไหน

"JOHN" wrote in message
I am running WORD2000, and I have some TXT files, written on another
computer.
Those files has been written in thai, and when i now open those files,
the
text is not readable.
Please guide me to have those text files encoded.
I am unable to understand the help, I get from the office assistent.
Best regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Thank you for any reply.
I am now able to handle the text files in thai.
Have found a way to solve the problem.
Best regards, John.