Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Irv Bell Irv Bell is offline

Default How do I add the "Tools" menu to MS Word?

How do I add the "Tools" menu to MS Word (2002 ed.)? Apparently I deleted it
inadvertently and now I can't figure out how to add it back as a menu item. I
tried uninstalling Word and then reinstalling it from two different disks
that I have (an MS Office disk and a "Works Suite" disk that includes Word,
but on the computer from which I deleted "Tools" in error, when I reinstall
Word it continues to reload without the "Tools" menu. (The Word program of
both of the disks includes the "Tools" menu; yet it doesn't show up when I
reinstall Word for either of those disks.) Help!
--
Irv Bell
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Right click in the menu area and select customize

Click the commands tab. In the categories column select built-in menus. In
the commands column click on tools and drag it to the menu.

Irv Bell wrote:
How do I add the "Tools" menu to MS Word (2002 ed.)? Apparently I
deleted it inadvertently and now I can't figure out how to add it
back as a menu item. I tried uninstalling Word and then reinstalling
it from two different disks that I have (an MS Office disk and a
"Works Suite" disk that includes Word, but on the computer from which
I deleted "Tools" in error, when I reinstall Word it continues to
reload without the "Tools" menu. (The Word program of both of the
disks includes the "Tools" menu; yet it doesn't show up when I
reinstall Word for either of those disks.) Help!

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Nov 4, 2008. Remember it well. You just might
spend your sunset years telling your children and
your children's children what it was once like in
the United States where men were free.