Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alwin Morgenstern Alwin Morgenstern is offline

Default How can I get the mail merge result as a hyperlink?

I am using mail merge with Outlook. My questions is:

I am using a "User field", the information there is a web site. How can I
change the mail merge command that the result in email message is then later
a hyperlink? Rght now the result is only the field informaiton.

Thank you for you help
Alwin Morgenstern
http://www.freerecycling.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QWx3aW4gTW9yZ2Vuc3Rlcm4=?=,

I am using mail merge with Outlook. My questions is:

I am using a "User field", the information there is a web site. How can I
change the mail merge command that the result in email message is then later
a hyperlink? Rght now the result is only the field informaiton.

Generating hyperlinks as the result of a mail merge is very tricky, and
generally doesn't work when merging to email (Outlook). With the help of a
macro, you can usually manage to get the hyperlinks by merging to a new
document, then use a macro to break up the merge result and send the emails.

My advice would be to check out the list of non-Word "mail merge" tools
available at slipstick.com

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alwin Morgenstern Alwin Morgenstern is offline

took a look there but I could not find anything. But thank you for your answer.

Alwin
http://www.freerecycling.com

available at slipstick.com

Cindy Meister