George

Default Problems inserting PowerPoint graphic...

I'm trying to use a graphic with some symbols (bullet point, black square
dot, etc.) in it, but symbols fall apart when I insert it into
MSWord2003(SP1). Would appreciate suggestions. Here's what's happening...

In MSPowerPoint2003...
I created a simple graphic (clipart, text, some symbols like bullet and
black square) in , then grouped it, then selected the single (grouped item),
then EditCopy. Then...

In MSWord2003...
I did EditPasteSpecialAsPictureWindowsMetafile

It pastes in ok, but the symbols (bullet, black square, etc.) drop and get
replaced with simple characters like ? or | (vertical line). Is there a way
to fix this?

Thanks,
George

mnew27

Hi George,

I've just tried the same and when I did EditPaste SpecialPicture (Windows
Metafile) I got the same error. However when I did a Paste Special as a
Picture JPEG, GIF or PGN it kept the symbols.

Hope this helps,

Maria