Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Exclusion spell file

Hi all

Am using Word 2000 with all latest updates on W98.

I needed to exclude one word from the spell and followed all the
instructions. The main dictionary file (Australian) was in

C;\programfiles\common files\microsoft shared\PROOF

so I put my *.exc file there too. All was OK.

Then I dragged the new file from explorer to the desktop, and added two
new words. Now nothing works, even the first word (that did before). I
have deleted from the desktop (which seemed to cause the problem) and
then deleted under explorer and started all over again. Nothing works.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

The location of the file matters. You don't need it on your desktop to edit
it.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/Ex...ordFromDic.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message ...
Hi all

Am using Word 2000 with all latest updates on W98.

I needed to exclude one word from the spell and followed all the
instructions. The main dictionary file (Australian) was in

C;\programfiles\common files\microsoft shared\PROOF

so I put my *.exc file there too. All was OK.

Then I dragged the new file from explorer to the desktop, and added two
new words. Now nothing works, even the first word (that did before). I
have deleted from the desktop (which seemed to cause the problem) and
then deleted under explorer and started all over again. Nothing works.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Charles

Thank you for replying. I gathered that, but even after starting all over
again it doesn't work now. I'll try again. BTW, it was convenient to access
it from the desktop - I suppose I could make the desktop location simply a
short-cut?

wrote in message ...
Hi all

Am using Word 2000 with all latest updates on W98.

I needed to exclude one word from the spell and followed all the
instructions. The main dictionary file (Australian) was in

C;\programfiles\common files\microsoft shared\PROOF

so I put my *.exc file there too. All was OK.

Then I dragged the new file from explorer to the desktop, and added two
new words. Now nothing works, even the first word (that did before). I
have deleted from the desktop (which seemed to cause the problem) and
then deleted under explorer and started all over again. Nothing works.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

You might double-check your custom dictionary as well. I don't know what
happens if the same word is in the custom dictionary and the exclude list.