Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Monty

Default drag and drop

Hi all, When I insert a photo into a document I can not reposition it on the
page. I right click onto the photo and drag it to the position I want it and
then click "move here" and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:22:51 -0500, "Monty"
wrote:

Hi all, When I insert a photo into a document I can not reposition it on the
page. I right click onto the photo and drag it to the position I want it and
then click "move here" and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Your photo is initially inserted "in line with text", which means it
behaves like a single character. To position it anywhere you want, you
have to click the Wrapping button on the Picture toolbar (or open the
Format Picture dialog and go to the Layout tab) and choose any other
wrapping option *except* "in line with text".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman