Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken Chotrani Ken Chotrani is offline

Default enable auto text entry

Can any one help me to turn the NEW AUTO TEXT entry on as on my word it is
faded which means it cannot work, so how do I tern it on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In order to use the New command to create an AutoText entry you must first
select the text the entry is to be created from.

If it hasn't already been typed, type it into any document, select it, then
go to InsertAutoTextNew - you should find it active when you do.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/21/06 11:15 PM, in article
, "Ken Chotrani" Ken
Chotrani @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

Can any one help me to turn the NEW AUTO TEXT entry on as on my word it is
faded which means it cannot work, so how do I tern it on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
T L Calvert T L Calvert is offline

In Office Word 2007, they don't call it Auto Text. They call it Quick Parts.
Open a Word doc, type in what you want to save as Autotext, hight light it
and then go to tab "insert", then Quick Parts, then name the text you want to
save and it will appear in a text box there. Then any time you want to
paste/insert it into a document you are working on, just insert your cursor,
to to the "insert" tab and over to the Quick Parts, then click on the text
you have saved and it will automatically be pasted into Word.