Opinicus

Default Office should prevent naive users from saving files directly onto floppies

The mournful tales of users who save files from Office
programs directly to floppy disks are too many to relate.
There should be a default setting in Office that prevents
this. At the very least Office programs should provide
heads-up warnings on the order of "You are about to try and
save a directly to a 1.4 megabyte floppy disk. This Is Not A
Good Idea. Save the file on your hard disk and copy it to
the floppy with Windows Explorer."

A convenient access to Windows Explorer from within Office
programs wouldn't be a bad thing either.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Shelley Liebman

I agree with the idea for a shortcut to explorer...I work entirely from
explorer instead of using the open icons in most office applications and it
took awhile for me to even find it (under accesories) when I switched to
Windows xp recently. I guess I am just resistant to change....so I have a
shortcut icon on my desktop now!

"Opinicus" wrote:

The mournful tales of users who save files from Office
programs directly to floppy disks are too many to relate.
There should be a default setting in Office that prevents
this. At the very least Office programs should provide
heads-up warnings on the order of "You are about to try and
save a directly to a 1.4 megabyte floppy disk. This Is Not A
Good Idea. Save the file on your hard disk and copy it to
the floppy with Windows Explorer."

A convenient access to Windows Explorer from within Office
programs wouldn't be a bad thing either.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Opinicus

"Shelley Liebman"
wrote

I agree with the idea for a shortcut to explorer...I work
entirely from

I just learned (in another newsgroup) that Windows key + e
will fetch up Explorer.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Andy

shortcut to explorer.

I have a button on my toolbar assigned to the following macro, which
opens an explorer window with the current file's folder:

Sub OpenCurrentFolder()

On Error Resume Next
Dim CurFold As String

CurFold = Application.ActiveWindow.Document.Path
Call Shell("c:\windows\explorer.exe /e, " & CurFold, vbNormalFocus)

End Sub