Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joe Cilinceon

Default Bookmarks in Header/Footer SOLVED

Joe Cilinceon wrote:
Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:
Hi Joe,

You don't really give us enough information to go on (such as, the
code you're using).

However, I can suggest another approach that doesn't use bookmarks,
and will avoid addressing the header/footer region directly in your
code. Create a document Variable (look up VARIABLE in Word's VBA
help) and put the information into that. Insert in the header a
DocVariable field (Insert/Fields) that references this variable.

Cindy Meister

Thanks again for responding Cindy I found a fix. I had to add a macro to my
Word document to test for the bookmark in the header and if there go to it.
It seems that headers won't open more than once without it.

Sub GotoHeaderBookmark()
If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("lease") = True Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("lease").Select
End If
End Sub

--

Joe Cilinceon