Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
doonboggle doonboggle is offline

Default delete getting started sidebar

In Word 2003, which I recently reinstalled, how do I prevent the 'Getting
Started' sidebar from opening?
--
doon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2002 or 2003, click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the
"Startup Task Pane" box | OK. If that doesn't help, then see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...owTaskPane.htm .

doonboggle wrote:

In Word 2003, which I recently reinstalled, how do I prevent the 'Getting
Started' sidebar from opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
doonboggle doonboggle is offline

Thanks. That was it.

I had initially tried that, but did not see it drop off, so presumed that
was not it. Should have shut down and then back up.. Oh well .... DUH !!!
Thanks again
--
doon