Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan :\) Jan :\) is offline

Default How to insert double line or apply attribute in Word 2007

I have inserted a shape line in a document and want to make it a double line
and can't seem to locate the feature to do that, or if not longer available
2007, how do I insert a double line? I tried the Shape outline but, there
is no double line listed in the weight box, or the more lines in any of the
sections there. I tried to look it up in Help, but, it seemed only to tell
how to double underline text or again referred to the Shape outline. The 3
pt double line is available in the weight list in 2003.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003, this is Line Style rather than Line Weight. The Line Style
command does not appear to exist in Word 2007. Is the application something
you could use a border for? You can still get double and triple lines for
borders.

"Jan " wrote in message
I have inserted a shape line in a document and want to make it a double
line
and can't seem to locate the feature to do that, or if not longer
available
2007, how do I insert a double line? I tried the Shape outline but, there
is no double line listed in the weight box, or the more lines in any of
the
sections there. I tried to look it up in Help, but, it seemed only to
tell
how to double underline text or again referred to the Shape outline. The 3
pt double line is available in the weight list in 2003.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan :\) Jan :\) is offline

HI Suzanne. This is just a straight line, which I want to use to divide
some text areas in the document. I wanted to use the double line to make it
more distinct. I don't eve see how to make it the thin/thick/thin like we
can in 2003. Is there an Add-in that will do this?

Jan

"Jan " wrote in message
I have inserted a shape line in a document and want to make it a double
line
and can't seem to locate the feature to do that, or if not longer
available
2007, how do I insert a double line? I tried the Shape outline but,
there
is no double line listed in the weight box, or the more lines in any of
the
sections there. I tried to look it up in Help, but, it seemed only to
tell
how to double underline text or again referred to the Shape outline. The
3
pt double line is available in the weight list in 2003.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I sais, you cannot format a drawing line this way. If it's dividing text
areas, I think you could use a border. Or you could use a "Horizontal Line"
from the Borders dialog, which gives you even more options.

"Jan " wrote in message
I have inserted a shape line in a document and want to make it a double
line
and can't seem to locate the feature to do that, or if not longer
available
2007, how do I insert a double line? I tried the Shape outline but,
there
is no double line listed in the weight box, or the more lines in any of
the
sections there. I tried to look it up in Help, but, it seemed only to
tell
how to double underline text or again referred to the Shape outline. The
3
pt double line is available in the weight list in 2003.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jan,

For reasons known only to a select few at Microsoft the only 'straight line' shapes included in Word 2007 in Insert=Shape are
connector lines (green sizing handles)

To insert a 'regular' (blue sizing handles) straight line in a document you can use the following workaround. You will get the old
Format Autoshape dialog choices to go with these old line types.

1. In Word 2007 go to

Office Button=Word Options=Customize=Keyboard

2. In 'All Commands' locate the 'DrawInsertLine' command then assign a keyboard shortcut to it.

Back in your document ull give you the ability to be able to draw old version lines in your document and you will be able to choose
the 'missing' line style.

I'm guessing that there should be a way to put this command into a macro so it could be put on the Quick Access Toolbar and
'clickable', but I haven't seen the macro for it so far).

========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

"Jan " wrote in message
I have inserted a shape line in a document and want to make it a double
line
and can't seem to locate the feature to do that, or if not longer
available
2007, how do I insert a double line? I tried the Shape outline but,
there
is no double line listed in the weight box, or the more lines in any of
the
sections there. I tried to look it up in Help, but, it seemed only to
tell
how to double underline text or again referred to the Shape outline. The
3
pt double line is available in the weight list in 2003.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan :\) Jan :\) is offline

Thanks, Suzanne. That Horizontal Line thing has been a bane for me to
remember. They say the mind is the first to go. )

"Jan " wrote in message
I have inserted a shape line in a document and want to make it a double
line
and can't seem to locate the feature to do that, or if not longer
available
2007, how do I insert a double line? I tried the Shape outline but,
there
is no double line listed in the weight box, or the more lines in any of
the
sections there. I tried to look it up in Help, but, it seemed only to
tell
how to double underline text or again referred to the Shape outline.
The 3
pt double line is available in the weight list in 2003.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan :\) Jan :\) is offline

Thanks, Bob, I'll give this a try. It is so odd that MS would drop such a
simple and easy feature completely, especially, in Word. Yes, I agree, a
Marco for the Quick Toolbar is a truly great idea, and if I were able to
write such I'd certainly do so. If any can would do so and be willing to
share. I, and likely a lot more, would be very grateful.

I see how this works and let you know.

Thanks, Bob! :-)

Jan

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"Jan " wrote in message
I have inserted a shape line in a document and want to make it a double
line
and can't seem to locate the feature to do that, or if not longer
available
2007, how do I insert a double line? I tried the Shape outline but,
there
is no double line listed in the weight box, or the more lines in any of
the
sections there. I tried to look it up in Help, but, it seemed only to
tell
how to double underline text or again referred to the Shape outline. The
3
pt double line is available in the weight list in 2003.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan :\) Jan :\) is offline

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Jan,

For reasons known only to a select few at Microsoft the only 'straight
line' shapes included in Word 2007 in Insert=Shape are
connector lines (green sizing handles)

To insert a 'regular' (blue sizing handles) straight line in a document
you can use the following workaround. You will get the old
Format Autoshape dialog choices to go with these old line types.

1. In Word 2007 go to

Office Button=Word Options=Customize=Keyboard

2. In 'All Commands' locate the 'DrawInsertLine' command then assign a
keyboard shortcut to it.

Back in your document ull give you the ability to be able to draw old
version lines in your document and you will be able to choose
the 'missing' line style.

Yes, that does work, and by right clicking on the line and selecting the
Format Shape option it does list the line options including the double line,
and the thin/thick, and thin/thick/thin attributes. At least they did leave
the options in, even if they don't make the availability evident. Thank
you, I am going to add this to my Reference Library for future reference.

Jan