Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bettysue

Default "find" and "search/replace" modes

How do I turn off the "find" and/or "search/replace" modes when I'm through
using them? I try to page up or down and it is Word is still trying to
"find."
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim

Clicking the "X" at the upper right hand corner of the window doesn't help?
Remember that the "find" is itself a window, and you may still have it opened
but buried beneath other windows.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"bettysue" wrote:

How do I turn off the "find" and/or "search/replace" modes when I'm through
using them? I try to page up or down and it is Word is still trying to
"find."

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bettysue

Jim, I did as you suggested and clicked on the "X" at the upper right hand
corner of the window and that still did not turn off the "find" mode. More
help, please!

"bettysue" wrote:

How do I turn off the "find" and/or "search/replace" modes when I'm through
using them? I try to page up or down and it is Word is still trying to
"find."

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim

Without seeing it, it's hard to say. At the very worst you could save your
work and restart Word. Close all other programs and experiment with it again.
--
Jim Hull
Technical Writer

"bettysue" wrote:

How do I turn off the "find" and/or "search/replace" modes when I'm through
using them? I try to page up or down and it is Word is still trying to
"find."

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Look at the double up and down arrows at the bottom of the vertical
scrollbar. The circle between them is a button that controls the "browse
mode". Whenever you use the Find or Replace dialog, the browse mode is set
to Find Next and Find Previous -- these commands are assigned to the double
arrows and to the Page Up/Down keys.

To get back, click the circle and choose the page icon (the tool tip shows
"Browse by Page"). Notice that there are other things on that panel that you
can browse by -- fields, tables, graphics, etc. -- that you can also set
through the Edit Go To dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman